Thursday, February 17, 2011

Isn't It Fashion Week?

I'm no clotheshorse. Actually, I'm kind of a slob. I wear the same outfits over and over. Most of my shirts are wrinkled and I haven't washed my jeans in months. There's only one kind of clothing that I care about: jerseys. Maybe I'm old school, but pretty much in any game I've ever seen before in any sport, one team wears white (excluding the Lakers --- freaks). However, in several recent NBA games this hasn't been so. One team has been wearing white since the Harding Administration. Why mess with a good thing? It's unnatural, dagnabbit!

In yesterday's Knicks-Hawks game, it was Blue vs. Red and I didn't like it. It's harder to tell the teams apart, although I guess it's better than the 50's when both teams were all-white. I kid because I love. I know teams are always wearing third jerseys and retro jerseys to make more money, but don't screw with the history of the league to make a few bucks. Aren't teams supposed to coordinate with each other beforehand anyway? Why couldn't the Hawks have worn white? I love the throwbacks the Knicks wore last night. I wish that was their regular jersey. The white throwback is just as good. It's what they wore when they won their first Title. It actually would have been even more of a throwback. I think Bill Bradley shed a tear last night. Don't even get me started about the Hornets having yellow home jerseys.

No comments:

Post a Comment