Thursday, March 17, 2011

March Madness Battle of the Sexes

I love girls. They're great at making me a sandwich and wasting money on shoes. However, they're not great at being a sports fan. It's fine to have them sit silently in the corner while the game is on, but once they ask what a 3-second violation is, it's time to leave the room. My friend CurlySue fancies herself a different type of chick and has challenged me to a 1-on-1 March Madness bracket competition. It's cute that she thinks she can win by picking teams based on their colors and which city has the best shopping. Scoring per round is 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 25. I just hope I don't clinch the victory before the Final Four so I can prolong the agony. Once I win, CurlySue has promised to be a Dayyyyyyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuuuuum Girl. If by some miracle she pulls off the upset, I will stand in the middle of Times Square with a sign admitting that a girl can do more than pump out babies. It's on.

Here are the underdogs that we have getting to the second round:

Stone: Princeton, Georgia, Missouri, Illinois, Florida St., Gonzaga
CurlySue: Villanova, Indiana St., Georgia, Tennessee, Richmond, Morehead St., VCU, Florida St., Gonzaga

LOOK HOW MANY UPSETS THE POOR GIRL PICKED! SOMEBODY NEEDS TO TEACH HER HOW THE SEEDING WORKS!

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm, LOOK HOW MANY UPSETS THAT POOR GIRL PICKED CORRECTLY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only thing your girls are wasting is time on you. Your picks are attrocious. Go, Skins!

    ReplyDelete