Thursday, April 28, 2011

Intermission Report

I'm pretty burned out after being swept by the Celtics so I'm taking the week off. I know that many of you will be unable to survive without finding out who the Jabroni of the Week is, but you're going to have to make due. In the meantime, I'm going to work on redesigning The Suite a bit. Maybe move some sofas around to make room for a jacuzzi.

The Celitcs series was like a dream that turned into a nightmare. To top it off, we still didn't win a playoff game. After 10 years, it's unacceptable. I'm still optimistic. We have two of the top 15 players in the league and they'll have the whole summer to get in sync and add complementary pieces. Usually after one of my teams gets booted from the playoffs, I don't want to think about it. In this case, it's different. I wish they were playing right now. I can't wait until October (or longer). The first time I saw the Knicks lose a playoff series, it was back in 1991 against the Bulls. I still remember my mom trying to explain that the Knicks weren't playing games anymore. I was sad then and I'm sad now. There are still important questions to answer. On the top of the list is whether Donnie Walsh is coming back. He may have his differences with ownership, but he's the man for the job and he needs to finish it. It would be ridiculous not to bring him back. He's intelligent, patient, and resourceful---great qualities for somebody who's putting together a basketball team. Yeah, he's not perfect but nobody is. After that, it has to be decided who's going to coach the team. Coach D didn't do himself any favors by getting swept.

I'll be back next week. Stop complaining. If you need to kill some time, go on Redtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment