Friday, April 1, 2011

Johnny Drama To Buy Mets?

Fortunately, this is not an April Fool's joke. One of the groups interested in buying a piece of the Mets from the beleaguered Wilpons includes Doug Ellin, the creator of Entourage. As part of Ellin's plan, Kevin Connolly, Kevin Dillon, and Eddie Burns will be used to add "star power" (notice the quotation marks) to their bid.  I guess Ari is still worn out with his whole NFL experience.

This is exactly what the Mets saga was missing: B-list TV stars. They should just turn the whole process into a VH1 reality show. I'd watch it. Every week, the Wilpons give out Mr. Met bobblehead dolls to each group that advances to the next group of bidding. We can have cameo appearances by Turtle, Ray-J, and Donald Trump. How am I not a reality TV producer? By the way, I would totally go to Citi Field if I knew Dillon would throw out the first pitch in his Tarvold costume. VICTORY!

NY Daily News

No comments:

Post a Comment